At Hurley are always looking to improve our web hosting and have just implemented a brand new file manager in the Web Hosting Control Panel. The first thing you will notice is how much easy it is to navigate around the features more quickly and intuitively, as well as being a little nicer to look at.
The new file manager is now live on our Starter, Home, Business and Business Pro web hosting customers. Click here to log-in to your Hurley Internet Customer Control Panel and have a look.
Here is a summary of the improvements to the File Manager:
– Easy drag and drop interface.
– Ability to queue multiple uploads.
– Visible permissions, along with warning indicator when the user has set permissions that we do not allow.
– Ability to work with multiple files at the same time, now you can move multiple files at once with shift+select.
– Better functionality all available via right-click and via menu at the top – this will allow for better working in mobile phone browsers.
– Better navigation.
– Better handling of archives.
The new web hosting control panel file manager.
Here you can see your file names, the file type e.g HTML, PHP etc, the file’s size, the file’s permissions and date it was last modified. Now you can also drag and drop your files in to folders, speeding up handling and management.
The new GUI (Graphical User Interface) at the top allows you to access all your file management options including uploading files, copying files, moving files, creating new folders, renaming files and changing a file’s chmod.
If you right click on a file brings up a short cut menu…If you are using Apple Mac computer hold CTRL and click on the file.
You now have the option to edit the file in a ‘Rich editor’
Please note: Our previous version of the file manager has not been completely removed and is still running, visitors using older browsers will continue to see the previous version of the file manager.